Sparks & Co has been working on EU projects for more than 3 years now, and we have attended A LOT of brokerage events. During these public – and often free – events, you can meet numerous potential partners interested in forming consortia to answer EC calls. Over time, we have sharpened our way to approach these meetings to get the most out of them. Our International Cooperation Manager, Emma Buchet, even uncovered some tips to keep in mind in order to make the most of your EU brokerage attendance in her latest post.
How to make the most of a brokerage event – 25th of January, 2017
Emma’s tips are very useful, but I thought I’d join in to share with you how I make sure these events ACTUALLY get my agency new EU partnerships and contracts. So here is my advice, as the CEO of a European company trying to get more EU funding.
Maximise your return on investment
These kind of events, even when they’re free, are an investment for your team. Most of the time they are not held in your hometown and you have to buy travel tickets and accomodation. As a CEO, the decision to attend those brokerage events then all comes down to one simple equation: is this investment I’m making worth it?
How can I maximise our return on investment i.e. make sure we make qualified contacts with prospects? If you’re attending EU brokerage events like us, you’ll want to make sure you will integrate projects to get EU funding for example.
A good start is to keep in mind Emma’s tips of course. Though I believe there is more to do to make sure your time there is being used efficiently, by using marketing tools. If you want to seize great partnership opportunities to increase the number of leads in your pipeline, let’s be rational and use techniques big companies are already using.
Let’s share our secret with you!
Big companies and industry players have known this for decades: if you want to succeed at selling – or in our case, getting EU funding – you should get prepared with the right marketing tools. When we started off 3 years ago, we approached brokerage events with the same marketing strategy: we developed our own marketing tools to spark as much interest as possible during the event and maximise the success when we follow-up on our leads after the event.
After some A/B testing, we decided to settle on this brokerage kit:
- attractive, professional and handy business cards. These are a total must-have when you meet potential business contacts;
- flyers presenting your company or team, the role you seek to have in EU projects and your portfolio/clients. These are typically great to be laid around in the event area for attendees to stumble upon;
- a set of slides to use when you have the opportunity to pitch in front of potential partners;
- a B2B cheat sheet, to help us take meaningful notes when meeting with someone. This sheet is a real life-saviour because it allows you to make sure you write down all the information you need about your contact.
We now have been using this brokerage kit for some time and we have been able to enhance our HORIZON 2020 success rate to 55% higher than the EU average in 2016. Part of this success is definetely due to our kit, as it helps us raise awareness about our services and clients recommend us too.
Get your own EU brokerage kit
Now that you know our secret, I hope you’ll try out our strategy for yourself at your next B2B or brokerage event. If you need your marketing tools to look more professionnals and to be more efficient, we offer a special discount this month for a brokerage kit at 950€. This is a very exclusive offer though, head over here to learn more.
If you recommend us to another company you’ll both get an extra 10% off.
Make the most of EU brokerage events and obtain more EU funding! Contact us today at email@example.com before the offer expires.
Latest posts by Camille Cocaud (see all)
- Sparks & Co joins the French association for public communications! - 26 July 2017
- We’re looking for a graphic designer! - 3 July 2017
- We’re looking for 2 communication assistants! - 23 June 2017